Information for Beaver County Residents on Medical Malpractice Claims

Malpractice occurs, that is the reality.  Whether you go to the Medical Center, Sewickley Hospital, a UPMC facility, or just to your local doctor, mistakes can be made.  With the great majority of treatments provided by doctors and hospitals, the treatment and advice provided is good and the doctor-patient relationship is maintained.

In some instances, however, medical errors are made and the patient suffers harm due to the negligence of the doctor or hospital. In these instances, a consultation with a local medical malpractice attorney to discuss a possible malpractice claim is warranted.  The attorney can review your case and determine whether or not a claim can be made for malpractice against the doctor or hospital.


Contact attorney Matvey now at 724-709-7958


Medical malpractice claims can be complicated due to the requirements of Pennsylvania law.  When you file a Complaint against a doctor or hospital, you are required to file a Certificate of Merit as well.  A Certificate of Merit is a statement by your lawyer indicating that the case has been reviewed by an independent medical expert and that the expert has determined that you have a valid case against the doctor or hospital.  Usually these physician experts are not from your area because local physicians are often hesitant to criticize a fellow physician. Your attorney then has to find a medical expert outside of your area or even outside of Pennsylvania.

Not all malpractice events will lead to a lawsuit against a physician or hospital.  Sometimes a mistake is made and the injury suffered.  Not all bad outcomes lead to viable cases either.  Sometimes a surgery will not result in a good result but the success of a surgery is not guaranteed and it is possible that the outcome is a risk of having a surgery.  this is why it is important to consult with a good medical malpractice attorney.

For statistics on the filing of medical malpractice claims by county, including Beaver County, please visit this page.